Sunday, March 25, 2012

frustration...

Today I did go with 4 bird watchers to the same spots as 3 days ago...
Yesterday we did see a lot of birds with the same group, but today we needed to have a lot of patience.
They did love to see a Quetzal...when we stepped out of the car , we right away heard one. I saw in a flash a big bird flying...pretty sure it was one.
We did see this morning the Toucanet  again feeding the baby's (the baby's make more sounds now), so that was nice.
But the Quetzal  did let us down and also our puber Bell bird, heard him , but did not see him.
I was frustrated...the birders  not so much...did not notice it. They went in the afternoon to the Quetzal trail and did see three wattled Bellbirds there, what was their goal in the afternoon...I am happy that they saw them. They are still in Boquete tomorrow morning , so they go again to the spot.
And then a couple of days Volcan , they will see a Quetzal...I would be surprised when not.
I was home and took the dogs to the same area, did a little hike and I did step out of my car and yes...right away a female and male Quetzal and later all over the place Quetzal sounds and I did spot 2 more males.
The male Quetzal has no tail, we spotted that one 3 days ago....but he has a wife...her picture failed , but I have a picture of our tail less guy.

I came home , ate a sandwich , looked out of the window and saw a group of gray headed Chachalaca's flying by...this one  did land in front of my nose....

 The bird list of today...
(big Hawk migration)
broad winged Hawk..
black Vulture
white tipped Dove in flight
band tailed Pigeon in flight
gray headed Chachalaca
snowy bellied Hummingbird
long billed Starthroat
scintillant Hummingbird
white throated mountain Gem
green violet Ear
white throated mountain Gem
violet Sabrewing
rufous crowned Motmot
blue throated Toucanet
tropical Kingbird
social Flycatcher
lesser Elaenia
common Tody Flycatcher
house Wren
orange billed nightingale Thrush
clay colored Thrush
white throated Thrush
mountain Thrush (in flight)
Wilson's Warbler
black burnian Warbler
chestnut sided Warbler
American Redstart
golden winged Warbler(T)
summer Tanager
Swainson's Thrush
Baltimore Oriole
red legged Honey creeper
slate throated Redstart
buff rumped Warbler
Elegant Euphonia
yellow crowned Euphonia
blue gray Tanager
Palm Tanager
Cherrie's Tanager
white winged Tanager (T Flight)
buff throated Saltator
chestnut capped brush Finch
white naped brush Finch
variable Seedeater
yellow faced Grassquit
blue black Grassquit
black Vulture
northern rough winged Swallow
blue and white swallow
gray breasted Martin.


And when I returned and hiked with my dogs...here an addition to the bird list, spotted by me...
black Guans
resplendent Quetzales
stripe tailed Hummingbird
white tailed Emerald
common bush Tanager
black faced Solitair
swallow tailed Kites
hairy Woodpecker
streak headed Woodcreeper
white collared Swifts
Vaux's Swifts

No comments:

Post a Comment