Sunday, January 26, 2020

yellow bellied Sapsucker..new bird on the farm !



Hello all, how exciting is this!

heard her already a few days ago.. of course I didn't know this bird call ..everytime when I was checking out the area, I did see the broad winged Hawk sitting in a tree (coffee farm) This morning I did hear it again and thought..mmmm maybe it is not the broad winged Hawk and  I could not find a call of this Hawk like that ...only that famous high whistle...

Then I thought...maybe a Catbird!!! So again into the farm and taped the calls to make my list complete, then yes the Hawk flew...but the sound did not come from the Hawk... then I was checking out the trees and whaaaaaaat.... a yellow bellied Sapsucker, female bird on the farm.. and a new bird for me.

Super Sunday!

Greetings from Terry

http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html





1 comment: