Saturday, February 2, 2019

1th of February 2019 cloud forest in Boquete Panama



Hello All, a beautiful start of February 2019... together with my bird dog Spot a hike in the cloud forest . I have to be fit, February will be an active month... Cottages..guests and birding trips... I was doing jobs around the house but also bird watching and eating nice things...a good combi...but also a "gaining weight " combi... But hiking and bird watching is hard... but I did try it ...still I did see good birds and even a good shot of spotted Wood Quails as you see on the video. When I was going back I did see a very nice red brocket Deer, second time in the more then 20 years that we live in Boquete. In the video : ruddy capped Nightingale Thrush, three wattled Bellbird, spotted Woodquail (shaky because I had to keep Spot my dog silent , so one hand I did have my finger on his head and did softly sssssssh :) such a good dog!) chestnut capped Brush Finch (I was proud of myself of the quality of the picture...I am not the best picture taking person..) northern Emerald Toucanet, and the Deer...

Enjoy..see down below my list of that morning...

Greetings from Terry

http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html





Feb 1, 2019 7:40 AM - 12:08 PM
slopes volcan Baru 
Protocol: Historical
Comments:     sun
61 species

Highland Tinamou  1     HO song
Black Guan  1
Spotted Wood-Quail  8
Band-tailed Pigeon  3
Short-billed Pigeon  3
White-tipped Dove  1
Chiriqui Quail-Dove  1
Lesser Violetear  4
Fiery-throated Hummingbird  1
White-throated Mountain-gem  3
Scintillant Hummingbird  1
Stripe-tailed Hummingbird  1
Ornate Hawk-Eagle  1     + song
Resplendent Quetzal  2
Orange-bellied Trogon  1
Red-headed Barbet  1
Northern Emerald-Toucanet  3     heard all over songs
Acorn Woodpecker  5
Hairy Woodpecker  3
Sulphur-winged Parakeet  7
Spot-crowned Woodcreeper  2
Lineated Foliage-gleaner  4
Streak-breasted Treehunter  1
Red-faced Spinetail  2
Mountain Elaenia  5     stop with counting...all over the place + calls and songs
Tufted Flycatcher  1
Dark Pewee  2
Yellowish Flycatcher  3     + calls
Bright-rumped Attila  1     + song
Great Kiskadee  1
Three-wattled Bellbird  2     heard more
Barred Becard  1     HO song
Rufous-browed Peppershrike  2
Brown-capped Vireo  3
Ochraceous Wren  2
Gray-breasted Wood-Wren  2
Black-faced Solitaire  1     heard more songs
Ruddy-capped Nightingale-Thrush  2
Mountain Thrush  2
Long-tailed Silky-flycatcher  3     heard more
Golden-browed Chlorophonia  5     approx..prob more
Elegant Euphonia  6
Chestnut-capped Brushfinch  2
Rufous-collared Sparrow  1
Yellow-thighed Finch  6     + songs and calls
White-naped Brushfinch  2
Black-and-white Warbler  2
Flame-throated Warbler  2
Mourning Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  2
Golden-crowned Warbler  3
Wilson's Warbler  7
Slate-throated Redstart  4
Collared Redstart  1
Flame-colored Tanager  2
White-winged Tanager  2
Black-thighed Grosbeak  1     HO call
Silver-throated Tanager  2
Slaty Flowerpiercer  1     + song
Slaty Finch  2     mp4 call will follow
Yellow-faced Grassquit  2

Ooops I forgot Spot's water bowl...well this is also a way to do it..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment