Friday, June 27, 2014

27th of June 2014...back in the blog world...

Suddenly I can download pictures again on my blog...
I did stop with writing my blog , because I could not add picture, I still don't know why not , but now it works again. It is more fun to add pictures to my bird story's then only words.
Anyway , I did have a busy time behind me. I had really great birding trips and did see great birds.
I think I will go through my bird list and pictures  and will mention the highlights of the last hot dry summer.
...there we go.....

Very nice on our farm...2 x a nest of the long billed Starthroat, it was great to follow that .



this season I did see a record amount of different Hummingbirds nest, maybe because it was such a hot and dry summer...
These Hummers are scintillant Hummingbird baby's , took this picture in Bajo Mono Boquete.


Then nearby our farm... a couple Bat Falcons had a nest and baby's in the bridge over the river Caldera.


Also a big bunch of our good old Quetzal, also a good season ...

And the orange bellied Trogon



Some other cloud forest birds..


singing black faced Solitair
 red headed Barbet..hiding
a rufous collared Sparrow
 2 Acorn Woodpeckers getting some minerals and calcium in the breeding season


I like this picture that I took on a level of 700meters... a green Honeycreeper:
I leave it with these pictures. From now on , I will go on with my reports on this blog. At this moment the rain starts around 2pm..normally. In the morning sun and  still birds busy with nests...specially the different Thrushes, the Wrens, Saltators. In 2 weeks it will be more quiet with birdsongs then we will see more birds in different clothing. Lot of immatures(already) but also the adults will change feathers and will be more quiet. Ah this nice Crimson collared Tanager that we did see the 18th of January 2014 in los Naranjos (Boquete) was interesting                


Terry van Niekerk  www.coffeeadventures.net

No comments:

Post a Comment