Saturday, January 16, 2016

Nice morning out 16th of January 2016 a lot of sneaky birds and a group of black crowned Central America Squirrel Monkeys

I was up very early, wanted to go on my "day off" to an area where you have a lot of "sneaky" birds..birds where you need to wait for and not making noise..I was ready for that..
Well I got rewarded with a lifer... I knew his song, heard him before, but now I did see him also..great Antshrike...well "did see him" are big words, I did do my very best , but I did see his belly and I did see a wing what was very dark...so I think it was the male and fortunately he gave me his song.
Next time when I see him totally, I will put him on my life list, but now he is on my "semi" life list.
A very nice moment was that I did see a group of black crowned central America Squirrel Monkeys.. They did see me and are more shy then our white faced Capuccin on our farm.
So very slowly I got my camera...one is o.k.!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-crowned_Central_American_squirrel_monkey

And so my bird list...
palma real Chiriquí, PA
Jan 16, 2016 6:20 AM - 10:30 AM
0.3 kilometer(s)
72 species

Crested Guan  1
Cattle Egret  17
Black Vulture  3
Turkey Vulture  2
Roadside Hawk  2
Broad-winged Hawk  1
Gray-necked Wood-Rail  3
White-tipped Dove  2
Squirrel Cuckoo  1
Striped Cuckoo  1
Stripe-throated Hermit  2
Garden Emerald  3
Snowy-bellied Hummingbird  1
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  5
Olivaceous Piculet  2
Red-crowned Woodpecker  3
Pale-billed Woodpecker  1
Crested Caracara  1
Yellow-headed Caracara  3
Orange-chinned Parakeet  5
Red-lored Parrot  4
Great Antshrike  1     heard and did see only white belly
Plain Antvireo  1
Dusky Antbird  1
Chestnut-backed Antbird  1
Plain Xenops  3
Pale-breasted Spinetail  1
Slaty Spinetail  1     heard
Yellow Tyrannulet  1
Yellow-crowned Tyrannulet  1
Yellow-bellied Elaenia  1
Lesser Elaenia  1
Ochre-bellied Flycatcher  2
Bright-rumped Attila  1     heard
Dusky-capped Flycatcher  2
Panama Flycatcher  1
Social Flycatcher  2
Tropical Kingbird  2
White-ruffed Manakin  1
Orange-collared Manakin  1
White-winged Becard  1
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Philadelphia Vireo  1
Lesser Greenlet  2
Black-chested Jay  3
Rufous-breasted Wren  1
Plain Wren  1
Long-billed Gnatwren  1
Tropical Gnatcatcher  3
Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush  2
Clay-colored Thrush  2
Black-and-white Warbler  3
Tennessee Warbler  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler  3
Rufous-capped Warbler  3
Cherrie's Tanager  5
Blue-gray Tanager  2
Bay-headed Tanager  1
Green Honeycreeper  1
Blue-black Grassquit  2
Variable Seedeater  2
Bananaquit  2
Yellow-faced Grassquit  1
Buff-throated Saltator  4
Streaked Saltator  1
Black-striped Sparrow  4
Orange-billed Sparrow  3
Great-tailed Grackle  7
Crested Oropendola  4
Yellow-crowned Euphonia  1
Lesser Goldfinch  2
Yellow-bellied Siskin  1
 
Last week 2 times a group of very nice Swedish birders joined me...
We had a great time on two different spots in the cloud forest.
2 Days ago the big group of three wattled Bellbirds returned (from the Carib.), they were as excited as we were...
And I took a picture this yellowish Flycatcher ...they are easy to take a picture of and they are so cute..see down below.
And so another week flew by
For the other lists :http://ebird.org/ebird/subnational1/PA-4?yr=all&m=&rank=mrec

No comments:

Post a Comment