Friday, August 19, 2016

2 new birds on the farm 18th and 19th of August 2016

Two days in a row..each day a new bird on the farm.

Tropical Mockingbird..I did hear him already singing close by since this week, but never seen on the farm.
It is quit a common bird in Boquete but not on our farm...and yes there he was yesterday in the meadow on a dead branch singing !! I did not have my camera , picture will follow .

Then this morning while I was doing the laundry, I did hear the song of a white tailed Emerald, I could not believe my ears and later my eyes...
There he was sitting and  singing and drinking nectar of the Verbena flower bush..of course the rufous tailed Hummingbirds were not happy with him..but he did stay and went in a spectacular fight and the rufous tailed Hummers ..they gave up!!!!  Great!
By the way , while I was staring at the Emerald , this rosy Thrush Tanager came out of the brush...also nice to see him and of course I was ready with my camera...SNAP!

Greetings Terry
http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

No comments:

Post a Comment