Wednesday, October 12, 2016

loads of birds 12th of October 2016

Well I was ready to cut the grass with our machine but when I was feeding the horses... the bird sounds were there . I did try to NOT listen, but I did go home...I took my Binoculars and did go to the meadow and got stuck in between a lot of birds..At around 11 am my husband he shouted from the balcony... COFFEE!!!! well then I dragged myself out of this bird party and drunk my coffee... then it did start to rain, so that makes me that I have to cut grass...tomorrow with my ears and eyes closed :)

Next to the bird sounds...this juvenile lineated Woodpecker was also guilty that I did not cut the grass  this morning:
Two adults were with the juvy... I guess the parents...

Then a lot of migrants came through, like this black burnian Warbler female:
                                            Swainson's Thrush
                                           Wilson's Warbler male:

And this cute yellow olive Flycatcher (our bird) is always around the stable:
I did make a small video, it's on Tinamou cottage Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/tinamoucottage/?fref=ts
The list...
Tinamou Cottage Boquete, Chiriquí, PA
Oct 12, 2016 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 kilometer(s)
Comments:     cloudy
51 species

Little Tinamou  1     heard
Gray-headed Chachalaca  2
Black Vulture  1     eating a dead Armadillo
Roadside Hawk  1
Gray-cowled Wood-Rail  4     heard at least 2 in forest , seen 2
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  5
Lesson's Motmot  1
Red-crowned Woodpecker  5
Golden-olive Woodpecker  1     +call
Lineated Woodpecker  3     calling
Blue-headed Parrot  5
Yellow-bellied Elaenia  1
Mountain Elaenia  2
Sepia-capped Flycatcher  1
Paltry Tyrannulet  2
Common Tody-Flycatcher  1     heard
Yellow-olive Flycatcher  1     +call
Eastern Wood-Pewee  1     +call
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  1
Boat-billed Flycatcher  2
Social Flycatcher  1
Lance-tailed Manakin  1
House Wren  2
Rufous-breasted Wren  1
Rufous-and-white Wren  1
Tropical Gnatcatcher  2
Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush  1
Swainson's Thrush  1
Clay-colored Thrush  4
White-throated Thrush  1
Golden-winged Warbler  2
Black-and-white Warbler  3
American Redstart  3
Blackburnian Warbler  4
Chestnut-sided Warbler  2
Rufous-capped Warbler  4
Wilson's Warbler  3
Blue-gray Tanager  4
Bay-headed Tanager  2
Silver-throated Tanager  1
Yellow-faced Grassquit  4
Rosy Thrush-Tanager  3     heard more
Buff-throated Saltator  3
Streaked Saltator  2
Black-striped Sparrow  2
Summer Tanager  2
Flame-colored Tanager  2
Red-crowned Ant-Tanager  3
Baltimore Oriole  5
Thick-billed Euphonia  5
Lesser Goldfinch  3

Greetings Terry
http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

No comments:

Post a Comment