Sunday, January 22, 2017

bird hike today 22th of January 2017

I was planning to hike to our other farm with our dogs , but I ended up just 3 km's up up the road from  Tinamou cottage. Right away a lot of birds... interesting was around 5 min  (1175m) from our house ( http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html ) I did hear a barred Antshrike and yes I did see her too . I thought I had her complete , but it ended in a bad picture... 
Pretty high up for this bird.

Just before that I did see a (singing) rose throated Becard female , not a bird that we see often in our neighbourhood. Of course my pictures were all without a head... how older I get how more I am going to look a like my Mum...she took loads of pictures of people without head. I do it with birds... :)

My dog Spot took of and went home...he is probably getting annoyed by me  standing still all the time. My Max was loyal and behaved himself as a great birding dog.

Around 9 am it started to be warm and I decided not to move on, turned back  and yes it took a while to come back home... some pictures:  black Hawk Eagle,spot crowned Woodcreeper, Tennessee Warbler, long billed Starthroat

















And down below the list.... happy Sunday! Greetings Terry
  http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

Habbus de Kwie road from Tinamou cottage, Chiriquí, PA
Jan 22, 2017 7:45 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 kilometer(s)
Comments:     sun
68 species

Black Vulture  7
Turkey Vulture  3
Black Hawk-Eagle  1
Roadside Hawk  2
Ruddy Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  2
Squirrel Cuckoo  2
Lesser Violetear  3
Green-crowned Brilliant  1 male
Long-billed Starthroat  1
Violet Sabrewing  2
Black-bellied Hummingbird  1 male
Snowy-bellied Hummingbird  1
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  2
Acorn Woodpecker  6
Red-crowned Woodpecker  4
Lineated Woodpecker  1
Laughing Falcon  1     only heard song
Blue-headed Parrot  2
Barred Antshrike  1     bad picture, she was shy but singing, first time I do see this bird in that area, 5 min from Tinamou cottage (calle la luge... 1175 m)
Spot-crowned Woodcreeper  1     + call
Paltry Tyrannulet  1
Common Tody-Flycatcher  2
Yellow-olive Flycatcher  1
Dusky-capped Flycatcher  1
Great Kiskadee  3
Boat-billed Flycatcher  2
Social Flycatcher  2
Tropical Kingbird  1
Lance-tailed Manakin  1
Black-and-white Becard  1
Rose-throated Becard  1
Rufous-browed Peppershrike  1
Philadelphia Vireo  3
Black-chested Jay  7
House Wren  4
Rufous-and-white Wren  1     heard only song
Isthmian Wren  2
Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush  2
Clay-colored Thrush  3
Tropical Mockingbird  2
Tennessee Warbler  12     maybe more, stop counting
Mourning Warbler  1
Blackburnian Warbler  3
Chestnut-sided Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  2
Rufous-capped Warbler  2
Crimson-backed Tanager  3     garden area 200 meters up the hill from Tinamou cottage (1175 m)
Blue-gray Tanager  2
Palm Tanager  2
Bay-headed Tanager  3
Silver-throated Tanager  2
Blue-black Grassquit  3
Yellow-faced Grassquit  4
Rosy Thrush-Tanager  2
Buff-throated Saltator  2
Streaked Saltator  3     + song
Black-striped Sparrow  2
Rufous-collared Sparrow  2
White-naped Brushfinch  4
Flame-colored Tanager  4
White-winged Tanager  5
Baltimore Oriole  5
Crested Oropendola  1
Yellow-crowned Euphonia  2
Thick-billed Euphonia  3
Elegant Euphonia  2
Lesser Goldfinch  2     heard much more singing

No comments:

Post a Comment