Friday, August 10, 2018

mysterious Hummingbird





Hi Everyone... I did hear "upset" Hummingbirds in the garden and  I was checking out what was going on. Then I did see a small orange bellied Hummingbird, very short tail. Grabbed my binoculars and did see a bright white supercilium,short straight beak.First I thought it was a female of a white throated Mountain Gem , maybe she lost her tail, but at the tip s of the tail I did see small white spot..also on the back... but a female of a magenta throated Woodstar...the supercilicum was too much...Stripe throated Hermit... this bird was too fast and active busy to feed for a Hermit.  Hans did run inside , did grab the camera, it was already darker outside (6.30 pm...so it was hard to have good pictures.) The video turned out better. Hope I will find out which Hummingbird it is.... I think it is a new bird on our farm.

Greetings from Terry

http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

No comments:

Post a Comment