Sunday, February 23, 2020

bicolored Hawk immature ( buffy )



Sunday 23 February 2020

Another exciting morning...I was a little bit busy this morning, but I still had time around 10ish to go to the area la India, a part of Boquete. With my birding dog Spot and have a nice time alone in the mountains... it was hot, but mainly I was in the forest and of course I don't walk fast.

I did start with a "national Geografic" moment ...two violet Sabrewings had a nice display..never did see that so beautiful. They flew up high in the sky and dove down very fast together...but high in the blue sky they did a dance.

 I did see two white tailed Emerald males fighting with each other, the gorgets of both males were so deep emerald ..it did hurt my eyes :)

A beautiful pair of thick billed Euphonias carrying nest material and two elegant Euphonias a pair, stealing nest material from another nest... I will share that video in  a next post.

On my way back I met our neighbour of our other farm, while I was talking with him about serious stuff, I did see a shade of a bigger bird flying over...when I did say goodbye ..I walked along a big tree, some birds were upset ...like the white tailed Emeralds and I thought about the shade... looked up and yes two yellow eyes were staring at me...well you see the video above...

Have a good Sunday, mine cannot go wrong anymore.

Greetings Terry

http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

The list of this morning:

la India, Chiriquí, PA
Feb 23, 2020 10:30 AM - 1:15 PM
4.0 kilometer(s)
Checklist Comments:     blue sky, warm


Band-tailed Pigeon  1
Vaux's Swift  X     big group
Green Hermit  1
Lesser Violetear  3
Scintillant Hummingbird  1
Violet Sabrewing  2     beautiful display between male and female. Together flew up 5 times, high up in the sky, like a dance and a fast dive down together
Stripe-tailed Hummingbird  1
White-tailed Emerald  2     fighting together, beautiful emerald throats while fighting
Snowy-bellied Hummingbird  1
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  1
Black Vulture  X
Turkey Vulture  1
Swallow-tailed Kite  1
Bicolored Hawk  1     high in a tree
Northern Emerald-Toucanet  2
Lance-tailed Manakin  2     heard more..
Three-wattled Bellbird  X     heard songs a bit higher up
Yellow-bellied Elaenia  2
Mountain Elaenia  2
Boat-billed Flycatcher  2
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Brown-capped Vireo  2
Yellow-green Vireo  1     heard more
Blue-and-white Swallow  X
Rufous-breasted Wren  1
Gray-breasted Wood-Wren  X     HO
Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush  2
White-throated Thrush  4
Golden-browed Chlorophonia  X     HO
Thick-billed Euphonia  2
Elegant Euphonia  6     heard more songs
White-naped Brushfinch  2
American Redstart  1
Tropical Parula  2
Rufous-capped Warbler  1
Golden-crowned Warbler  2
Wilson's Warbler  1
Slate-throated Redstart  2
Flame-colored Tanager  2
White-winged Tanager  3
White-lined Tanager  2
Buff-throated Saltator  2
and I end with Spot my sweet birding dog!



No comments:

Post a Comment