Sunday, September 11, 2011

11/9/2011

It was not a difficult choice...or stay home  and watching television (9/11) or go to the forest and see some birds and try to practice with my camera...
It was a good morning, lovely to be alone in the forest(I brought my dog she is o.k.)
taking pictures...of birds...not easy(picture above...look for the Ochraceous Wren , ha ha ...it's on the right of the trunk), I knew that. When you are focused on taking pictures, you loose other sightings of birds, they fly around, but you want to take a picture of that bird in front of you. It was fun, but I will not do it all the time. A lot of birds around me this morning , I love September!
On this picture , above .... a collared Redstart, ja ja

Above , not so fantastic picture, but it was the Olive sided Flycatcher, I saw him also on our farm yesterday. And Greg the birder that I met on the trail today, he told me he saw him Friday 9th of September on the slope of Volcan Baru, pretty high up(above 2000 Meters)
And this is the song of the slaty backed nightingale Thrush.
All the Thrushes were singing, it was beautiful.
Small birdlist....
silvery fronted Tapaculo
stripe tailed Hummingbird
magnificent Hummingbird
scintillant Hummingbird
white throated mountain Gem
mountain Elaenia
yellowish Flycatchers
ochraceous Wren
house Wren
gray breasted wood Wren
slaty backed nightingale Thrush
ruddy capped Thrush
black faced Solitair
brown capped Vireo
Canada Warbler
elegant Euphonia
collared Redstart
slate throated Redstart
black cheeked Warbler
common bush Tanager
silver throated Tanager
yellow thighed Finch
yellow faced Grassquit
rufous collared Sparrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment