Sunday, December 2, 2012

finding new bird spots

Today was a "party day" for me, because I did go out to find more new bird spots.
Found in the hills on the slope of the Volcano 3 potential bird spots, different then Boquete.
Cloud forest, messy brush areas, open fields in different micro climates.Altitute from 1150 to 1330 M.
I did see birds that I is see normally more lower elevation , higher elevation birds and bird that I see also on our farm...a nice mix.
I was later, did arrive 9am, it was warm , so slower with the birds, I will go back earlier.
southern Lapwings
laughing Falcon
Turkey Vulture
yellow headed Caracara
ruddy Ground Dove
sulphur winged Parakeets
long billed Starthroat
garden Emerald
Magenta throated Woodstar
Violaceous Trogon (heard close by)
red crowned Woodpecker
lineated Woodpecker
tawny winged Woodcreeper
streak headed Woodcreeper
barred Antshrike
lesser Goldfinches
tropical Kingbirds
boat billed Flycatcher
white fronted Tyrannulet
scale crested Pygmy Tyrant
masked Tityra
orange collared Manakin
ornage billed nightingale Thrush
common tody FlycatcherAmerican Redstart
slate throated Redstart
Wilson's Warbler
Summer Tanager
golden hooded Tanager
silver throated Tanager
blue gray Tanager
white naped brush Finch
buff throatedSaltator
black striped Sparrow
variable Seedeater
yellow faced Grassquit
blue and white Swallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment