Saturday, August 16, 2014

red fronted Parrotlets and a Chiriqui Quail Dove... Quetzal trail 16th of August 2014

I was for a short moment on the sendero los Quetzales today at the Boquete side(alto Chiquero) (9 am) and did see a flock of 8 red fronted Parrotlets.
No picture...my day starts good.
After that doing stuff at home I drove to the other side(1,5 hour drive) of the Quetzal trail to pick up Hans (Husband) who was hiking the trail with a Dutch Family.He came out around 4.30pm and so I had time to look around.
It was nice weather and of course I had my binoculars with me. Started with a nice rufous collared Sparrow, always cute.


Found a nice little wild trail.. sit there silent without movement and did wait for one hour...a beautiful magnificent Hummingbird was taking a bath in front of my face..he did show all the colors... a large footed Finch took a bath and also a yellowish Flycatcher.
Then a flock of prong billed Barbets, collared Redstarts, black cheeked Warblers, sooty capped bush Tanagers, a nice flame throated Warbler and a stripe tailed Hummingbird passed by.
And then suddenly in front of my face a nice Chiriqui Quail Dove...I did take in slow motion in my hands....he did see the movement...so I have his back...
                                                                               
                                       

Fortunately I did checked him out very well with my binocs before I took the picture.
Such a beauty.
And so he did disappear in the bushes as silent as he did appear.

I did sneaked in another small trail and that ended up in a nice valley
and a male Quetzal was flying over and I said hello to him.
Love to wait for my Husband!

Oh and today was the official opening of the sendero los Quetzales.After 5 years closed.
 More signs better trails.


https://www.facebook.com/tinamoucottage?fref=ts
www.coffeeadventures.net



No comments:

Post a Comment