Monday, August 25, 2014

sneaky birds...

This morning I did go to one of my favorite areas in Boquete on my own to hike and watch some birds(and wildlife) .
It was beautiful weather and no wind.  I did start with a big group of Coati's (counted 8) . Then I did see the three wattled Bell bird, male and an immature male. On the Quetzal trail they are already gone since end of July, but in this area they are still around. Pretty late. I think it has to do due bad weather in Bocas del Toro these last months.
Normally the Bell birds are gone in this time of year is my experience.Later on also a big group of white faced Capuchin Monkeys.
A lot of food around and also nice flowers for the Hummingbirds.

Of course I do like the "sneaky birds"... 
The area where I was this morning is great to see White fronted Tapaculo's...still hard to take a picture, but you have to believe me... 
Another bird what is always more difficult to see and for sure to take a picture..the white throated Spadebill...


Then another sneaky bird... Chiriqui Quail Dove.


And yes I think a sneaky bird is also the tropical Parula, they have beautiful colors, but still hard to find a lot of times , so high up in the trees ... and they blend in a lot of times.
Any way here is my list of this morning...
black Guans
spotted Wood- Quails
Turkey Vulture
Swallow tailed Kite
black Hawk Eagle
white tipped Dove
Chiriqui Quail Dove
violet Sabrewing
green violet Ear
garden Emerald
white tailed Emerald
white throated Mountain Gem

scintillant Hummingbird
prong billed Barbets
blue throated Toucanet
streak breasted Treehunter
ruddy Woodcreeper
silvery fronted Tapaculo
Mountain Elaenia
white throated Spadebill
yellowish Flycatcher
tropical Kingbird
three wattled Bellbird
brown capped Vireo
House Wren
black faced Solitair
ruddy capped nightingale Thrush
Mountain Thrush
tropical Mockingbird
tropical parula
collared Redstart
slate throated Redstart
three striped Warbler
rosy Thrush Tanager
white naped brush Finch
chestnut capped brush Finch
rufous collared Sparrow
flame colored Tanager
white winged Tanager
elegant Euphonia
golden browed Chlorophonia (loads!)
and I love this tree....

And at 1pm when I had my lunch at home , this smart rufous tailed Hummingbird is (always) hiding for the rain on our terrace

https://www.facebook.com/tinamoucottage?fref=ts
www.coffeeadventures.net








No comments:

Post a Comment