Tuesday, January 20, 2015

a very nice e-mail and a Magnificent Frigate bird above Respingo(2500 m)


Ooo weird but nice feeling ...I was watching a large footed Finch at Respingo (2500 m) end of the Quetzal trail, Cerro punta site) and looked up(why.. I don't know) and a magnificent Frigate bird (juvenil) is gracious flying above me... and disappeared in the clouds after a few minutes..while the large footed Finch made his HUGE song!
I was in between two worlds...the world of the sea and the world of the cloud forest.

Last evening we did receive a mail of "new" birders, very nice guests of our Tinamou cottage ( http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html )
I did go out birding with them last week .
They turned out to be great birders...ja ja and this happens then....I cannot resist to share this on my blog...

Good evening,

We are back just ~ 2 hrs ago safely and with near zero surprises.  A very successful trip.

You did it.  You have turned both my son David and I into people who "look for" and then "look at" birds!  We so enjoy it.  You should see us now, always looking at the bird to add it to our list.  But perhaps even more important, we now see much more beauty in these creatures.  I don't believe we will ever quite be the same.

David (and for that matter all of us) will never forget the attention you paid to us for this trip in Boquete, and the incredible trip from there to la Escape. ( http://www.coffeeadventures.net/Bocas_adventure.html )

We added many new birds to our list when in Bocas, and even two more today before we left Panama City (a squirrel cuckoo).  

Terrific, just terrific!  We thank you Terry and Hans!

John and Karen and David




No comments:

Post a Comment