Thursday, January 15, 2015

busy Summer...what a great farm we have!

I thought this morning...let's write... after quit a lot of birding trips and full house in the cottages...it is time to share my thoughts that I had this morning , when I was watering my plants around the little Tinamou cottage.. http://www.coffeeadventures.net/Little_Tinamou.html
I was surrounded by birds, big mixed flock and an army Ant swarm, great!
Took me a long time to finish my job , all the time I was watching the birds
We have a lot of trees with flowers now...they will turn into berries and fruits...yeah!
Then I thought...while I was holding my Binoculars...camera and the hose, gosh the person who was the former owner , he really liked animals and birds... when you look to our 9 hectare coffee farm/forest, so bird/animal friendly.
Every time in the year , we have something that blooms. Of course we made an addition by planting more trees and flowers. But man o man ...what a great farm we have!(we are blessed already to be owner of this farm for 18 years)
The bird watchers they checked out this morning ... more bird watchers and nature lovers are coming ...I cannot wait to share our farm with them...
Some pictures that I took this morning... soo much butterflies at this moment...:

Streak headed Woodcreeper resting after his bath in the creek:
Female white winged Tanager:
Male white winged Tanager:

Great morning birding yesterday
and a lot of Cherrie's Tanagers... always nice..
In 2 hours ... 72 different birds..did not have time to take pics
Summer is in the air






No comments:

Post a Comment