Saturday, March 7, 2015

hidden nocturnal birds on our farm...

Two nights ago I did hear the rufous nightjar on our farm...this morning I had some time to check out our forest...maybe ...
I did not found him...yet.
But I did find a very nice common Pauraque and yes I did took a picture..


and a small movie.... https://www.facebook.com/tinamoucottage  (date: 7th of March 2015)

The last week we have a lot of migrants coming through.. it give me a spring feeling , because they start to sing a bit and they get their nice Spring plumage. 
Our"own" birds start to get the "spring" feelings. High up in the mountains the Thrushes did start to sing and our clay colored Thrushes and orange billed nightingale Thrushes started to sing a little bit.
I cannot wait for the rainy season...high up in the mountains it is pretty windy and wet the last week, it is great to have the birds here on the farm, out of the Summer winds.
Fortunately we have our own springs , that give the birds a chance to get a bath and sit out of the wind to rest and I can irrigate the garden and pasture a little bit to keep the birds, flowers and my horses happy..and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment