Thursday, April 9, 2015

2 days off!!!..me and the birds...who is watching who...

What do I do with 2 days off!!!
Watching birds from our house (or they watch us)...zip coffee and long sleep..uh no, that last one...not possible...the Thrushes and other birds make too much noise..love that !
Then this flame colored Tanager is fighting with himself , the whole day....he sees himself in the window..things it is another fellow who wants to take his lady...
Where is our privacy ...holy moly!
And then I do try to get a picture of a Swainson's Thrush the last couple of days ... they are all over...yesterday I did count  12 in a berry tree next to the highland Tinamou cottage...they don't sit still and eat a lot...to make themselves ready for the big trip to the North.
Everywhere you hear a soft song or the weep weep call ...
Then ...this morning a Swainson's thrush was looking through our window....how nice was that?
Also nice yesterday on our farm a Wood Thrush did visit us...rare to see them here, possible this time of year...

Yesterday late in the afternoon, after a lazy coffee drinking get together with my friend at Cafe Ruiz in Boquete... I took a D tour home and checked out some birds higher up in the Mountains...
Lovely late afternoon, the weather was great.
Not often I do see a olive sided Flycatcher, so I took a picture(1)(zoomed in big time...click on the picture)
I did put a circle around him..on the left of the picture. In the center a female lesser Goldfinch (2)and on the right a blurry dark Pewee(3)..Isn't that cool? 3 Different birds on 1 picture.
And who was watching me (behind me)...yes indeed the Tufted Flycatcher



2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry. It is nice to hear your reports of migrating birds that we are waiting for the arrival of here in Canada! Especially the Swainson's Thrush and Wood Thrush. Sadly the Wood Thrush is very susceptible to window strikes here in Toronto and is also on the endangered list in Canada, as is the Common Nighthawk. Not so "common" anymore! Jill Edwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I am following http://www.flap.org/ now and thinking of you of course... heavy stuff..but I do see that people get more aware because of this good Flapwork.(yes it can be always better)I hope the Wood Thrush/Night hawks that I did see, will arrive safe and make a lot of chicks...I feel blessed to see them all here. I had a terrific weekend..very good birds and a great new spot!!! When you have time...I just finished my new post Cheers Terry

      Delete