Friday, April 17, 2015

loads of migrant Flycatchers at this moment 17th of April 2015

This time is great to see different Flycatchers.
The last week I did hear and see a lot. Our farm, especially the meadow part is very popular .
This week on our farm... olive sided Flycatcher, eastern Wood Pewee, Western Wood Pewee, yellow bellied Flycatcher(seen the whole dry season in the coffee area), Acadian Flycatcher, great crested Flycatcher (yesterday and today..).
Talking about migrants..
Today I still did see the Wilson's Warbler, beautiful black burnian Warbler(male and female), Canada Warbler, black throated green Warbler, Tennessee warbler, Philadelphia Vireo(he is late!), Ovenbird in the forest area, Mourning Warber, worm eating Warbler(ja ja new on our farm! seen by me and seen by our guests 2 days later). It is getting slower with the Warblers...
The Swainson's Thrushes are every where!
A few broad winged Hawks today and some Swallow tailed Kites.
I do see regulary a red tailed Hawk the last 6 months...mostly in the same area around the 1600 m. I think he is living here.

I can add some new birds on our farm list... common Night Hawk, worm eating Warbler and Chuck Will's Widow


"Our" birds are very busy with singing , nesting , fighting..."love" is in the air...
Not between these male yellow faced Grassquits, they were not happy today...

This couple of Bat Falcons  two days ago , were busy with their nest.(1650 m)
I had to zoom in big time.One Falcon on the top, one on the nest (arrow)

And so again a week did go by fast!
Good birding on my own  and with great birders...
Down below a picture with our friends, every year when they come to Panama, I spend birding times with them, fun...!




No comments:

Post a Comment