Friday, July 10, 2015

afternoon birding

Around 2pm here on the farm it started to be cloudy and rainy after a beautiful sunny morning.
I did decide to go to a river where it was better bird weather, I was ready to see some river birds.
Around Caldera ,  from here 20 minutes away, it was Sunny and some clouds and not so hot when I did arrive around 2.30pm..my first river (rio los Valles)
 ...and bingo right away a nice Amazon Kingfisher.


Some nice neotropic cormorants landed in front of my face and so I was happy.. next to some other birds to see , I was in my element , mission complete!

After a half an hour on my way to the next river , Chirqui nuevo.
And yes there was the Ringed Kingfisher waiting for me...
                              a Nice male and in no time a female ringed Kingfisher flew over.

After 3 hours I did go home , where the late afternoon sun peeped through the clouds, what a nice way to spend an afternoon!

www.coffeeadventures.net
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment