Saturday, July 18, 2015

this morning 18th of July 2015 in the cloudforest, my bird of the day.. ornate Hawk Eagle (Juvenile)

I did not know where to go this morning, the weather was fine all over the areas around us...only towards Bocas del Toro was no option, a lot of clouds.
I decided  to go to the cloud forest.
 A nice area where I did see and hear  the Ornate Hawk Eagle and yes my goal was suddenly to see him better and even try to take a picture. Last time I did see an adult flying over, that was exciting.
I know they had a nest with an immature... ( http://terryboquetebirdstory.blogspot.com/2015/02/11th-of-februarycloudforest-1750-mthe.html )
With my "lucky"birding socks...
on and my dog Spot , who really decided to go with me...I could not get him out of my car...
I was on my way.
7am I was in the nature, no bright sun (fortunately), no wind... great weather.
On my way I did see  nice birds and entering the forest I did hear the Hawk sounds...I look around  and there he was a nice juvenile ornate Hawk Eagle...yeah! And yes I took pictures!




Goal reached! But of course more other birds!!
A lot of Three wattled Bellbirds..on the picture is a Juvenile and another bird on the left of him..a Mountain Thrush
And I took the picture of a nice dark Pewee...


Lovely morning! around noon Spot and I stepped into our car, before that, I did show the pictures to two man who work on the property(mainly coffee farm and a lot of protected cloud forest), they did see the Hawk Eagle before and they never did see him so good as on my picture, they were impressed, glad I could show them my pictures and movies...
Spot is getting a real good birding dog, he is patient and some birds or animals he points out , but he will stay with me. Great!and cosy.
He was thirsty so we did share my water, did not have a bowl, so this works too....

Did see some Squirrels, thanks to Spot and a Sloth..
The birdlist of this morning and 2 small movies from of course the Juvy Ornated Hawk Eagle, here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/tinamoucottage?ref=ts&fref=ts   ( published 18th of July 2015)

Jul 18, 2015 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 kilometer(s)
Comments:     http://terryboquetebirdstory.blogspot.com/2015/07/this-morning-18th-of-july-2015-in.html
69 species

Spotted Wood-Quail  5
Black Vulture  12
Swallow-tailed Kite  1
Black Hawk-Eagle  3
Ornate Hawk-Eagle  1
Band-tailed Pigeon  24
Short-billed Pigeon  2
Ruddy Ground-Dove  2
White-tipped Dove  1
Chiriqui Quail-Dove  1
White-collared Swift  6
Vaux's Swift  2
Brown Violetear  1
Green Violetear  1
Purple-throated Mountain-gem  1
White-throated Mountain-gem  1
Scintillant Hummingbird  2
Stripe-tailed Hummingbird  2
Orange-bellied Trogon  1
Prong-billed Barbet  1
Emerald Toucanet  4
Acorn Woodpecker  11
Red-crowned Woodpecker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  2
Barred Parakeet  6
Sulphur-winged Parakeet  5
Silvery-fronted Tapaculo  1
Streak-headed Woodcreeper  2
Spot-crowned Woodcreeper  1
Ruddy Foliage-gleaner  1
Streak-breasted Treehunter  1
Red-faced Spinetail  3
Mountain Elaenia  2
Dark Pewee  3
Yellowish Flycatcher  2
Great Kiskadee  1
Black-and-white Becard  1
Yellow-winged Vireo  1
Brown-capped Vireo  3
Rufous-browed Peppershrike  1
Blue-and-white Swallow  7
House Wren  2
Ochraceous Wren  3
Plain Wren  2
Gray-breasted Wood-Wren  5
Black-faced Solitaire  1
Ruddy-capped Nightingale-Thrush  2
Mountain Thrush  8
Clay-colored Thrush  1
White-throated Thrush  1
Long-tailed Silky-flycatcher  10     probably more(heard more)
Flame-throated Warbler  2
Tropical Parula  1
Black-cheeked Warbler  5
Golden-crowned Warbler  2
Slate-throated Redstart  2
Silver-throated Tanager  2
Yellow-faced Grassquit  4
Rosy Thrush-Tanager  2
Yellow-thighed Finch  2
Chestnut-capped Brush-Finch  2
White-naped Brush-Finch  5
Rufous-collared Sparrow  6     heard more
Common Chlorospingus  1
Flame-colored Tanager  5
White-winged Tanager  2
Black-thighed Grosbeak  1     heard song
Golden-browed Chlorophonia  6
Lesser Goldfinch  3     heard more..10+


WWW.COFFEEADVENTURES.NET

No comments:

Post a Comment