Sunday, November 29, 2015

Yes! a wedge tailed Grass- Finch and a nice crested Guan and more!

This morning ..early bird.. I wanted to check out an area where a did bird watching a few months ago .
I was still hoping for a wedge tailed grass Finch..very sady I did see that bird a long time ago in Alto Dorado Boquete, but it gets busy there and not too much pastures anymore which are suitable for this Finch.
After 2 hours I could not believe my eyes, two of them chasing eachother... excited and a kind of nervous I took a few pictures..after that I did observe and enjoy them good.
I thought I did not have one , they were really quick ...but on my computer at home ...there he was!
Okay..not the best picture ..but still he is on it.
Before that I had an excited moment because of a nice crested Guan who was staring at me...
And then not everyday birds that I see...spot crowned Euphonia's males and females..the females are stunning...
Yes yes not the greatest picture, I have a lot of patience to see and enjoy the birds...but to take pictures... handy but it has to go fast  for me.
And so also a picture of a white winged Becard ...
An other nice bird and good sighting was the sharp chinned Hawk.
Well all the birds are nice...but I must say that my day is 100000% good because of the wedge tailed Grass Finch
I will add my list down below...great birding morning.

http://coffeeadventures.net/tinamou.html

rio Majagua, Chiriquí, PA
Nov 29, 2015 7:05 AM - 10:25 AM

0.5 kilometer(s)
Comments:     sunny  
73 species

Crested Guan  1
Black Vulture  1
Turkey Vulture  3
White-tailed Kite  1
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Roadside Hawk  2
Short-tailed Hawk  1
Pale-vented Pigeon  2
White-tipped Dove  1
Squirrel Cuckoo  1
White-collared Swift  7
Vaux's Swift  25     probably more, huge group
Purple-crowned Fairy  2
Garden Emerald  1
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  3
Violet-bellied Hummingbird  2     female along the road and male along the river
Black-cheeked Woodpecker  2
Crested Caracara  1
Yellow-headed Caracara  2
Black-hooded Antshrike  2
Slaty Antwren  1     I think male in the neighbourhood, heard 2 birds calling
Yellow Tyrannulet  1
Lesser Elaenia  2
Sepia-capped Flycatcher  2
Paltry Tyrannulet  3
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  1
Great Crested Flycatcher  1
Boat-billed Flycatcher  3
Gray-capped Flycatcher  1
Streaked Flycatcher  1
Tropical Kingbird  3
Fork-tailed Flycatcher  2
Golden-collared Manakin  1
Masked Tityra  1
White-winged Becard  1
Yellow-throated Vireo  2
Philadelphia Vireo  1
Black-chested Jay  2     heard a big group
House Wren  1
Rufous-breasted Wren  1
Riverside Wren  1     heard
Long-billed Gnatwren  1
Clay-colored Thrush  1
Golden-winged Warbler  1
Black-and-white Warbler  2
Tennessee Warbler  1
MacGillivray's Warbler  1
Bay-breasted Warbler  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler  2
Rufous-capped Warbler  2
Three-striped Warbler  3
Cherrie's Tanager  2
Crimson-backed Tanager  5     bigger group then 5, heard more , very clear ID, easy to see eating berries
Blue-gray Tanager  2
Palm Tanager  2
Golden-hooded Tanager  5
Bay-headed Tanager  2
Green Honeycreeper  5
Wedge-tailed Grass-Finch  2     picture not so good
Blue-black Grassquit  1
Variable Seedeater  2
Yellow-faced Grassquit  2
Buff-throated Saltator  3
Streaked Saltator  1
Black-striped Sparrow  4
Orange-billed Sparrow  2     heard
Summer Tanager  2
Rose-breasted Grosbeak  1
Baltimore Oriole  1
Crested Oropendola  2
Spot-crowned Euphonia  4
Golden-browed Chlorophonia  3     never did see them there, surprised
Lesser Goldfinch  2


No comments:

Post a Comment