Friday, February 3, 2017

busy birding times, last week of January 2017 and first 2 days of February 2017



                                     
                              long tailed Silky Flycatcher in Boquete cloud forest


2017 Did start good for us... lost a few pounds, have a "strange" tan of the sun😏😎... with white around my eyes ..because of the Binoculars  and getting to know again very interesting and nice people.
People who have the birds in their heart and they love them very much. Also people who took a lot of pictures, some will see the bird very good, when they are at home in front of their computer, some check out the birds first, enjoy them and then (when the bird is still there) take a picture. Small camera's, HUGE camera's and No camera's.... only binoculars.
Fortunately all the birders that I did meet, were all very patience, specially when they did request to go to the cloud forest higher up in the mountains. In January and February we have to deal with the Summer winds, that is not easy. But we did manage to see great birds.

I did promise in my blog to take more pictures, but when I have a trip with birders,  I am too busy.
But I did go on my own a few times and took some pics and also when I am with a very serious photographers, I take sometimes my camera out and this is the result... I love this picture of the lesser Goldfinch female.... (thanks for the great pointers how to take pictures)
Could not resist to take this picture through my scope of the fiery billed Aracari:
This very nice boat billed Heron (Juv) in Bocas del Toro with my camera.

And then I was in love with the Sooty Thrushes on the Volcan Baru road here in Boquete.
They have very cute calls, love is  in the air already. I even did see one getting nest material (dead grass).
They make nests in high grass.
I did take a video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1ZfPTI3Tg
 A very easy picture of a prong billed Barbet, a group of 3 were sitting a meter in front of us, they are not shy (cloud forest Boquete)

Took a video..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIWpbIadMqY

At this moment in Boquete.... A lot of Hummingbirds are having nests or making nests.
The Trogons are more busy and easier to see. And the long tailed silky Flycatchers are busy with nests and display.
On our farm ...did hear and see the violaceous Trogons (Gartered)  male and female today (3th of Febr. 2017), they are still around the  Wasp nest,  did not see that they are busy to make a nest. There is a lot of display and songs
It is busy on the farm with groups of Warblers and Tanagers, out of the wind and we have some fruit trees that are ripe. Also the white faced Capuchin Monkeys do know that. The red legged Honeycreepers and elegant Euphonia's are back after a month of absence. And normal for this time of the year , the golden browed Chlorophonia's are coming for dinner on the farm.

I will add my bird list of 2 days ago of the farm...down below. 
My other bird lists you can find on ebird.org

Yesterday after that I did bring birdwatchers to Almirante (Bocas del Toro) , drove back home and had a break, half way. I did give myself an hour... I have to be tough for myself 😉
A lot of birds... this keel billed Toucan landed in front of my face. I never get use to this bird, such a cool bird.

And the ringed Kingfishers were flying around and were very loud.
What a paradise... I was and I am in heaven
Greetings  from Terry

Tinamou Cottage Boquete, Chiriquí, PA
Feb 1, 2017 8:45 AM - 10:55 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 kilometer(s)
Comments:     coffee farm part... sun
52 species

Black Vulture  1
Roadside Hawk  1
White-tipped Dove  1
Squirrel Cuckoo  1
Common Pauraque  1
Long-billed Starthroat  1
Garden Emerald  1
Snowy-bellied Hummingbird  2
Rufous-tailed Hummingbird  3
Gartered Trogon  1
Lesson's Motmot  1
Red-crowned Woodpecker  2
Golden-olive Woodpecker  1     + call
Lineated Woodpecker  1
Yellow-headed Caracara  1
Streak-headed Woodcreeper  1
Mountain Elaenia  1
Pale-eyed Pygmy-Tyrant  1
Common Tody-Flycatcher  2
Yellow-olive Flycatcher  1
Panama Flycatcher  1
Boat-billed Flycatcher  5
Tropical Kingbird  1     + song
Lance-tailed Manakin  2
Black-chested Jay  2
Blue-and-white Swallow  2
House Wren  1
Rufous-breasted Wren  2
Rufous-and-white Wren  1
Tropical Gnatcatcher  2
Clay-colored Thrush  1
Golden-winged Warbler  2
Black-and-white Warbler  2
Tennessee Warbler  5     prob more/ heard more
American Redstart  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler  2     male had a lot of chestnut
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
Rufous-capped Warbler  4
Wilson's Warbler  1
Crimson-backed Tanager  5
Bay-headed Tanager  2
Silver-throated Tanager  3
Red-legged Honeycreeper  5
Yellow-faced Grassquit  1
Rosy Thrush-Tanager  3
Buff-throated Saltator  2
Streaked Saltator  2
White-naped Brushfinch  2
Summer Tanager  3
Flame-colored Tanager  1
Elegant Euphonia  2
Lesser Goldfinch  5

No comments:

Post a Comment