Monday, October 10, 2011

2th of October EuroBirdwatch 2011

Date Excursie 2-10-2011 Bird migration excursion: EuroBirdwatch 2011. On Sunday 2 October is the EuroBirdwatch 2011. Start 8.00 uur on parkinglot at Parnassia.

When I read that  I thought, yes I like to see how the birdgroup (www.vwgzkl.nl) is counting the migration birds in the Dunes. And I love to go and hear  and learn more about these migration birds.

The people who are doing that over there, are members of the birdgroup Zuid Kennemerland.
Also they arrange all kind of excursions. This time Johan Stuart was the excursionleader. Realy nice and interesting.

Sjaak and I went very early (7am) on bicycle (1 hour to the spot Parnassia), in the beginning it was cold (9C)and humid, misty. It was beautiful!!! The temperature went up quickly.
Heard also Deer making their maiding sounds, so beautiful.
First I will add pictures of the Dunes , the pictures are taken by Sjaak , my birding pal and brother in law.


Down below a few of my pictures...
This is the point where they count the birds.(Parnassia)
Here you can see what they counted that day.
The excursion, picture above...walking to het Vogelmeer.
(bird lake)

Some pictures  from Sjaak of het vogelmeer (the birdlake)
After the bird excursion we went back there.

Grauwe ganzen (Anser anser)
witte kwikstaart( Motacilla alba)
Dodaars (Podilumbus podiceps) eating a fish

We had a great time!!  
Some websites ...



No comments:

Post a Comment