Saturday, October 8, 2011

Summer in Holland....watching birds on the Zuidpier in IJmuiden 28th of September 2011

From 23th to 3 of October I went to Holland. The reason mainly to spend time with my Dad.
Of course I had some time also to go birding. And in Holland also like in Panama this time of the year, you can enjoy bird migration.
It was a bad summer in Holland, so I prepared myself  very good and brought warm clothing...also a few summer clothing and that is what I did wear!! From day one I had great weather until Monday 3th of October. What a lucky girl I was/am!!!
My brother in law, Sjaak van der Sel was so kind to go with me on some trips, he took great pictures and I will show some of them here in my blog.
Birding in Holland is tough and I had some challenges, uhhh and frustrations...Gulls!!!
First year Gulls, second year Gulls...oh my gosh!!!! Still busy with ID!!
On 28th of September we went to the "Zuidpier" in IJmuiden. In the afternoon around 4pm until 8pm.
It was "Panama" warm and we were surrounded by people in swimming clothes. We were walking in our "birding clothes"

Zilver meeuw (Larus argentatus)
Kokmeeuw (Larus ridibundus)
Zilvermeeuwen (Larus argentatus)
Zilvermeeuw
Stormmeeuw (Larus Canus)
Zilvermeeuw
Kleine Mantelmeeuw???
kleine Mantelmeeuw?
Kleine Mantelmeeuw????
                                                          kleine Mantel meeuw?

                                                                  grote Mantelmeeuw??

                                                        Grote Mantelmeeuw (Larus Marinus)                       
                                                                      
                                          There were other birds then Gulls....
                                                Two pictures of  Drieteen strandlopers
                                                                 (Calidris alba)
                                                         my favorite picture above

                                             Two pictures of Steenlopers
                                                                   (Arenaria interpres)                           
                            

                                                         Two pictures of a Scholekster
                                                           (Haematopus ostralegus)


                                     Down below not a clear picture of a Kuifaalscholver
                                     (Phalacrocorax aristotelis)I had a good look at him .
                                      Fortunately other persons saw him also over there.
                                      It was special to see him there.

                                         These Geese (probably migration) were silent,
                                                         so I cannot ID them .

 I did make some pictures, down below
 two pics from the Oeverpieper
 ( I took it with my small camera, I was happy,
it was a new bird for me!)


                                                                    
                                             Great afternoon/evening!!!                                           


                                                                       
                                                                             
                                                              
                                                                            








No comments:

Post a Comment