Saturday, October 29, 2011

a birdlist of today and a new bird on the farm!!!! Scale crested Pygmy-Tyrant

Today I was standing next to our stream with my binoculars and I was standing there for almost an hour.
I wear a green T shirt and green trousers, I did look simular like a tree, I guess.
I saw a new farm bird...the scale crested Pygmy Tyrant, Had a very good look on him, very excited! Saw him a couple of weeks ago, but I was not sure. Saw him before at Buena vista(Panama, Chiriqui) , but never on our farm. He had one feather up!Of course I did not have my camera, but I did found a funny picture of him.

( p.s.you can buy this shirt at zazzle.com )
Birds all over, enough to make a bird list.
It's always a good spot, because of the water, dead wood, messy, next to the garden and different trees and flowers and it has a slope, so I can look in the forest.
Here is the list...
gray necked Woodrail.
white tipped Dove
squirrel Cuckoo
rufous tailed Hummingbird
white stripe Hermit
blue crowned Motmot
smokeyt brown Woodpecker
black banded Woodcreeper
Scale crested Pygmy Tyrant (picture)
rufous breasted Wren
orange billed nightingale Thrush
Tennessee Warblers
Philadelpia Vireo's
black and white Warbler
chestnut sided Warbler
black burnian Warbler
black throated green Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
American Redstart
yellow throated Vireo
summer Tanager
rufous capped Warbler
slate throated Redstart
silver throated Tanager
flame colored Tanager
red crowned Ant Tanager
blue gray Tanager
rosy thrush Tanager
buff throated Saltator
yellow throated brush Finch
Not bad for an hour......

No comments:

Post a Comment