Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mississippi Kite and others on Ancon Hill Panama city...

A quick trip to Panama city but still we had the chance to do a walk up the Ancon hill and see the migration of the Hawks and other birds.I did not have too much time on the top(mweee 1 hour) , unfortunately but enough to see nice birds and for me a lifer... Mississippi Kites 
I am for 99,9% sure I did see a couple of Chimney Swifts.
Of course broad winged Hawks, Black Vulture, Turkey Vulture, a lot of sulfur bellied Flycatchers, my first Swainson's Thrush this year, northern Waterthrush , Summer Tanager female..still not see a male), Wilson's Warbler,black and white Warbler, tropical Kingbird, clay colored Thrush, Keel billed Toucan, plain Wren(what a different sound then here in Boquete)lesser Greenlet, tropical Kingbird,boat billed Flycatcher,northern Scrub Flycatcher (not really a clear picture)
barred Antshrike,lineated Woodpecker,garden Emerald,Squirrel Cuckoo,
little bit frustration on the top of the hill...
looked like Storks(Wood Stork)  (right is a black Vulture) ...but I did see a white throat and the rest was dark...immature? I almost thought it was a Crane... I ask the guys of Audubon (they were watching the migracion , not counting at that time) and they thought also Storks, but I think they did not see the birds.
I did place the picture (better to see there) on Aves the Panama Facebook page, maybe somebody can help out more. No white on the rest of the body and long tail... and yes I have an answer(great!!)  they are two Anhinga's
On the way back ..orange chinned Parakeets,ruddy ground Dove, bronzed Cowbird, pale vented Dove, crimson backed Tanager, variable Seedeater,blue gray Tanager,Palm Tanager,yellow headed Caracara
What a great morning  and so nice to see them watching the migracion too...


It was nice by the way to watch birds without my backpack(my husband was the carrier), skirt on...sandals...some insect repellent lovely...still hot...but o.k.
Ancon hill is nice...
Also for not really birdwatchers..like Hans  my husband..but he thought these Hawk migration was really cool!!
This was my moment that I had tears in my eyes.. soooo much birds in the sky...I will never get bored with this..not in Boquete not in Panama city.. nowhere...
it is a blessing for a bird lover to experience that....






.



No comments:

Post a Comment