Thursday, August 11, 2011

a day out...

 
last week on the Sunday off we(Hans and I) went to the Pacific coast, explore.
Of course I brought my bird books and also my binoculars...now I did miss my scope....in the open field.
It was in the middle of know where, a lot of Mangroves and rice fields...nice birds, rainy day , not a lot of rain and for that area cool that day (26 C), for us ...not bad at all!
Here some picures

Woodstorks
white Ibis, lot of youngsters too
Love this place in the mangrove

beautiful view, Vulcan Baru far away, great Egret in the field and a Anhinga on top of the tree
a young common black Hawk
who is watching who? Northern Raccoon is taking advantage of the low tide.
red breasted Blackbird, a lot of them in that area
snowy Egrets and White Ibises
Amazon Kingfisher

No comments:

Post a Comment