Thursday, August 11, 2011

A very memorable Bird trip 16th of March 2011...Quetzales and real Madame

 

 As I talked about in the note about Sally Bird, the trip on 16th of March was also very special, there was a very good Karma in Madame Brodie . She wanted to see the Quetzal. That was one of her last wishes, next to that another wish was to see the orang oetangs in Borneo, she was going after her Panama trip to Borneo.
Madame Brodie is 80 years old and alive and kicking. So a last wish...I think she will be 100 years old!
But as I learned from Sally, let them come to you.......Madame Brodie did ask for them...please come Quetzal, show yourself, with her nice French accent.....she again proved that it worked...
we saw a lot of Quetzales , it was great. She was so happy. They were in front of us , they flew around us, red white green blue flashes, tailes, sounds the whole thing.
Good evening,
> > > > I spoke to your husband today explaining my situation.
> I am
> > an 80 year old amateur birdwatcher and I contacted you
> last
> > year in January regarding birdwatching for quetzals.
> You
> > strongly suggested the month of March for this
> specific
> > birding. Unfortunately we had to leave Panama before
> that
> > time. > > I hope that this year, my dream can materialize and I
> can
> > see this marvellous bird since we, my husband and I,
> are
> > staying in Panama until March 21. > > > > We are presently living in Panama City and can be
> reached
> > by email or phone at:. I would
> appreciate
> > very much if you could let me know if you will be
> available
> > for me and when. I will then book a hotel. > > My husband will travel with me but will not do
> birding.
> > I must specify that I am a healthy 80 year old and a
> good
> > walker. I realize of course, that there is no
> "quetzal
> > guarantee" but I want to try anyway. Having seen the
> coq of
> > the rock - in very early morning- in Ecuador, the
> quetzal is
> > one of my few remaining ambitions. > > > > Thank you in advance. > > > > Best regards. > > Jacqueline Brodie

No comments:

Post a Comment