Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday 21th of August

I was up early, because close to our house I heard the group immature gray necked Woodrails, we saw them yesterday walking in the garden , no camera of course. And I heard the spotted Woodquails, they are now since a few months very close by our house in the forest.Above a video with the garden en the sound of the spotted Woodquails...I hope it did download good,

Later I went with the dogs to a small lake in la Estrella, close by.
It's a part of the Fortuna dam, an in between station.
More and more it get's more nature there, more grass and water plants are growing on  the lake sides, since I think a few months I see now more northern Jacana's there and today even a immature. A nice spotted Sandpiper, see picture,ha ha far on the line...
And for the first time southern Lapwings, over there.
A few green Herons and least Grebes, but they are all the time there.See picture above.And down below for the green Heron...

Black Phoebe is also new there.
And a nice thing was also to see a black Hawk Eagle(high up in the sky) and of course he made his beautiful sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment